Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The WAT AAH Challenge

Recently, Kim at What’s that Smell told of trying a new beverage for kids, WAT AAH. It really piqued my interest and I contacted WAT AAH to participate in the “WAT AHH CHALLENGE”.

In our house, we don’t usually have a lot of soda. Partly due to the expense and partly because I’d prefer my kids not be loaded up with all the junk that’s in it. Looking at my husband and my weight issues, I know that soda is full of empty calories that I’d rather the kids didn’t consume.

About a year and a half ago, I started bringing Vitamin Water into the house on occasion. It’s a product I find tasty, the kids find irresistible and it’s better than soda. I had a concern with it, though-the vitamins in it are geared towards an adult’s nutritional needs, not a child’s. I watered it down, mainly so that I got the benefits and the kids didn’t get TOO much vitamins.

Enter WAT AAH. Two moms created this vitamin fortified beverage in four types, each formula designed to pack a specific nutritional need into simple water. This was the answer to my concern-I could let the kids grab a bottle without worrying that they were getting too much of a nutrient, like I sometimes do with the Vitamin Water.

WAT AAH is different. It's the first premium bottled water designed by kids (and their moms) FOR kids. There are four varieties, each with nutrients formulated to benefit the portion of the body specified: Brain, Bones, Body and Energy. We tried Brain and Body, but I'll be happy to get my hands on the others. While they're not in our local stores, WAT AAH makes it easy to purchase online.

The question now was “will they drink it?” The day the box arrived, containing two bottles of WAT AAH, I was in luck. There happened to be two very rare bottles of soda in the fridge, a gallon of Kool Aid (I make it with half the suggested sugar-Invisible variety), some Vitamin Water and milk. The two bottles were placed in among everything else, and I knew it was only a matter of time. Would they choose it over the rarely seen soda?

Honestly, I had to scramble to get video, because Chef came home and hurried to the fridge for a drink (it was hot that day). I heard him exclaim “Whoa, what is THIS?” Take a look:


He says he’s only going to have a little bit, right? I almost didn't get a sip for myself. Even after being a bad mom and telling him incorrect information-WAT AAH is not flavored in any way. He still loved it.

Ten minutes later, we were in the car and on our way to Scouts. Chef lamented the fact that we didn’t bring the other bottle along. Then I explained that they were samples for us to try. He asked to go by some, and I had to break the news that we can’t buy them here in Florida-yet.


As a result, he drank the second bottle a little slower than the first. But he has asked several times when we’ll be able to buy more WAT AAH. That, my friends, is pretty impressive for a drink that isn’t flavored, sugared or colored in any way. It’s just full of the good stuff. So, when ARE we going to get it in Florida-because I want to make sure we can have some more in the fridge!

Would YOU like to take the WAT AAH Challenge? It's easy! Head over to WAT AAH's website and you'll find all the information you need to get a package of two bottles of WAT AAH! I have to say from personal experience, if a bottle says "Brains" on it, your kid will grab it first.

If you'd like to WIN a WAT AAH prize pack, head over to What's That Smell?, because she is having a WAT AAH! Giveaway through the 31st!

Boo, these are empty-we need more WAT AAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment